Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Adorable DIY flower pens!

Hello friends! Today I have a cute little DIY tutorial for you. I've seen this one floating around for a while, in fact my mom had a big bunch of these pens that I always thought were pretty cute. I figured I'd try it out, while putting my own personal touch on them.

Materials:

Stick pens
Hot glue gun
Fake flowers
Floral tape (I got mine at Michael's, if you have trouble finding this)



First, you pop the ends off your pens to make room for the stems of your flowers.


You then trim your flowers, as pictured below. Try to leave a little bit, so you can push it down deep into the pen, so they are secure.


Next, you fill the ends of your pens with a generous amount of hot glue, then immediately shove your flowers as deep as you can into the pen, and let dry. They should look like this!


Now this step is completely optional, but I decided to add a few fake leaves onto mine as well. I thought it looked pretty!


Now this part is a bit tedious, but you now have to TIGHTLY wrap the pens in your floral tape. I chose white, but you can get a wide variety of colors, depending on where you go. I went to Michaels, and saw that they had white, green, brown and black. But I know you can get others as well. It should look like this when you're done!


Last but not least, put them in a beautiful holder, and admire your brand new pens!


Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy DIY. You can choose any color of flower, and any color of tape. The combinations are endless! If you end up making these, please post pictures in the comments. I'd love to see what you came up with! Take care xox

No comments:

Post a Comment